Be prepared to get your hands dirty if you want to work at St. Giles Spencer Academy!
Click here to view our brochure
Job Title: Class Teacher
School: St Giles Spencer Academy
Working Pattern: 32.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: Teacher’s Pay Range (MPR / UPR) + SEN Allowance
Salary: £30,000 - £46,524 per annum + £2,539
Closing Date: Wednesday 11 October 2023, 5pm
- Ø Are you passionate about providing a ‘world class’ education for pupils with Special Educational Needs, ensuring that they reach their true potential?
- Ø Are you prepared to get messy, join in with the fun and be outdoors on a regular basis so that our pupils learning is inspiring and creative?
- Ø Do you want to join a high performing team of staff who are committed to going that ‘extra mile’ to provide the very best for our pupils and their families?
If you can answer ‘yes’ to all of the above, then we would like to receive an application from you!
St Giles Spencer Academy is an outstanding Primary Special Academy in Derby City. We are a warm, friendly and inclusive academy which meets the needs of pupils with a range of special educational needs and disabilities.
St Giles Spencer Academy is looking to appoint an enthusiastic and committed Class Teacher to start from January 2024 on a full-time, permanent basis. The post could suit a range of qualities, from those just setting of on their ECT journey to those who are more experienced. The exact key stage/specialist area within the school where the successful candidate will be required to teach will be determined based upon prior knowledge, skills and experience. All new staff will receive a thorough induction programme and ECT’s will be allocated an experienced mentor from the Leadership Team, plus dedicated ECT time.
We are proud of what we do at St Giles Spencer Academy and our recent school achievements are a result of a great team effort amongst pupils and their families, governors and staff:
- ü Special School of the Year Award
- ü Ofsted ‘Outstanding’
- ü NASEN Learning Support Staff of the Year Award
- ü Inclusion Quality Mark Flagship
- ü Family First Quality Award
- ü British Council International Schools Award
- ü Be Mighty, Be Creative Award
- ü ICAN Communication Specialist Accreditation
- ü Arts Mark Gold Award
- ü Fair-Trade Award
- ü Learning Outside the Classroom Award
- ü National Autistic Society Accredited School
- ü Sun Safe School
- ü Makaton Friendly Award
If you want to be part of an innovative, forward thinking and outward facing special school; who are genuinely committed to investing in your professional development, then St Giles could be the academy for you.
If you would like to visit St Giles Spencer Academy before the closing date, please contact the school via 01332 343039 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visits to the school are strongly recommended.
SAT is an educational charity, Multi-Academy Trust and Sponsor of Academies. We have approaching 16,000 children and young people in our academies and employ more than 2200 teachers, leaders and educational support professionals across the East Midlands. We aspire to be a leading regional high performing Trust, with a national reputation for excellence.
We currently have 15 primary academies, 8 secondary academies and one primary aged special school in our family of schools. All of our schools benefit from the collaboration and added value that being a member of our Trust offers, and share our values and beliefs. Spencer Trust academies share an ambition to deliver results that compete with the very highest performing schools in the country, and deliver a curriculum for students that is underpinned by breadth, opportunity and quality: one that seeks to give young people the opportunity to develop into well rounded global citizens that believe they can influence positive change in the world.
Our Mission is to deliver the best possible outcomes for children and young people.
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, providing an outstanding education for local children.
- All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development.
- Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership.
- We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more.
If you would like to discuss the role, arrange to visit the school or if you have any queries, please contact Rob Sherwood, Principal on 01332 343039 or via email@example.com.
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at https://candidates.every.education/Vacancies/Details?advertKey=71ed5217-48a0-422f-a23c-6b2b7e5e1525
In line with safer recruitment policies, references will be called for prior to interview.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 11 October 2023, 5pm
Interviews: w/c 16 October 2023
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training.
St Giles Spencer Academy currently has a vacancy for a Co-Opted Governors on it's Full Governing Body.
The Governing Body, with the Executive Headteacher, has overall responsibility for the running of the school. Governing bodies have three core strategic functions:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
No special qualifications are needed and the most important thing is to ha a keen interest in the school and be prepared to play an active part in the Governing Body’s work. Training is available for all Governors and the Governing Body has an expectation that those new to being a governor, attend free induction training.
The ' Qualification and Disqualification to Serve as a School Governor ' information sheet summarises the circumstances under which someone cannot serve as a Governor. In addition, parents/carers who have paid employment in the school for 500 or more hours per academic year or who are elected members of the Local Authority, are not eligible to stand in these elections. Parent Governor nominations must be from parents or carers with children at the school on the day that nominations close.
If you are interested in becoming a Governor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, marking it for the attention of Sofia Orme, Academy Business Manager / Clerk to Governors.