(Mon - Tues)
(Wed - Fri)
- Georgina Gadsby
- Nicole Sherwood
- Keera MacMillan-Wood
We hope you have all had a lovely summer and are ready to start the new academic year. We have two Teachers in Sweden Class this year, Naomi is teaching Monday, Tuesday, and Kelly is teaching Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. The Teaching Assistants are Georgina, Nicole and Keera.
Our topic this term is ‘Out and About!’
- We will be learning about our new class, staff, friends and routines.
- We will explore our new classroom and school environment as well as the local area.
- We will be learning about Derby and Derbyshire and in particular the rivers, canals, mills and windmills.
- During science lessons we will explore water and wind as forces.
- During English lessons the children will enjoy the sensory story ‘The Little Red Hen’, linking in with our work on Derbyshire mills and with a PSHE focus on helping our friends.
- We will learn about Harvest; farming in Derbyshire and bread making.
- We will be building and constructing water wheels, boats / barges, pulley systems and windmills.
- We also hope to visit some local areas linked with this topic!
· PE will be on a Wednesday, please send in a PE kit for your child.
· Social money for snack and trips is £6 donation each half term.
· Please send in a spare set of clothes and some wellies for wet weather.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Sweden Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Inset Day 11th October
Harvest assembly; 16th October