- Tina Carr
- Jade Torrence
- Lauren Capewell
Welcome back to Mexico class! Our class is made up of 10 children with ASD. We learn through creative and sensory exploration.
Welcome back to Mexico class for an exciting second half-term!
Our topic this half term is ‘Celebrations and Space the final frontier ’. We will be exploring different celebrations such as Firework night, Diwali, Remembrance Day and Christmas. Alongside this we will also be looking at space. Children should have the opportunity to work with other phase 2 classes in exploring a space launch.
In English we will be focusing our learning around letter formation and mark making. Supporting children in correctly holding their pencils and having control over the marks they make. This will be supported by non-fiction writing to Santa.
We will also be working hard on recognise letters and letter sounds during phonics and reading time. This will be supported by a range of stories such as Rama and Sita and Aliens love underpants.
In maths we will be focusing on number recognition, addition and 2d shapes positon and direction.
In science we are investigating light and dark, particularly focusing on light sources and shadows.
Please ensure children come with a coat and wellies.
We are all very excited. . .
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to begin cooking and provide daily snack. This is especially important as we hope to be able to visit the shops for both snack and Christmas shopping.
As a team we have planned trips to Morrison’s, a garden centre for Christmas decorations and to go into town Christmas shopping. Further, details will be sent out on dojo.
We have set up a home reading book scheme, all children should have received this now. Please can we ask that you make a note in the dairy when you would like the book changing as we recognise every child will want to keep the book for longer if they are particularly enjoy it.
Can we ask for a picture of your child to be sent in with their families, we shall be exploring and sharing this as part of our new topic ‘celebrations’.
Dates for your diary
- Remembrance Theme Day– Friday 8th November 2019
- Anti-Bullying Week Starts- Monday 11th November 2019
- Odd Socks Day/ Children in Need- Tuesday12th November/ Friday 15th November 2019
- Tea Party- Wednesday 27th November 2019
- Parents Evening- Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Inset Day- Friday 6th December 2019
- Christmas Show- Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th December 2019
- Christmas Party- Thursday 19th December 2019
- Last Day of Term- Friday 20h December 2019
Home / School Communication
· Please make sure that your child’s clothes, bag and equipment are named.
· If your child is absent please inform the office as soon as possible.
· If you have any messages for your Teacher please put it in the Home/School diary. If it is urgent then you can speak to a member of staff in the morning before or after School.
· A medical notification form needs to be filled out for medical appointments during school time please, so that your child’s attendance percentage is not affected.
· Any further information about trips or additional activities will be sent home as and when they arise.
· Please could all children send in a pair of named wellies so we can access outside in all weathers. Key notices: Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to begin cooking and provide daily snack, thank you.
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Mexico Class if you wish to speak to us.