- Sophie Basharat
- Tanya Lillie
- Joanna Jeffries
Welcome to the final half-term of 2019. Our topic this half term is ‘Celebrations,’ we will be learning:
- English: we will be looking at non-fiction texts relating to a range of different celebrations, including Christmas, Diwali, Halloween and the festival of Remembrance. We will complete written projects relating to these celebrations including recounting key stories and making cards. We will also read stories involvoing key celebrations such as birthdays, including ‘Kipper’s Birthday’
- Maths: in Number we will be singing and signing number rhymes and as well as lots of ‘real life’ counting such as classmates, adults, toys etc. In shape space & measure we will be exploring properties of 2d shapes.
- Science: in science we will be learning about light and dark, where does light come from, how is the room different with different lights.
- E.: P.E. will take place on Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers, pumps or trainers. Wednesday’s sessions this term will be gymnastics skills such as balancing, jumping and rolling, while sessions on a Thursday will have a ‘games’ focus developing early ball skills.
- Across the subjects of D&T, History, Music, R.E. and H.S.E. we will we be making craft projects relating to celebrations, recounting religious stories, listening to and exploring a range of music from across cultures. We will also be celebrating what makes a good friend as part of anti-bullying week.
- 1) Please provide your child with a pair of wellies to keep in school, if you have not already, as they have access to the field at playtimes all year round.
- 2) School will have a continued focus on ‘Outside Learning in all Weathers’ this year, with this in mind if possible please ensure that on each day your child has a suitable coat for the weather conditions.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
We always participate in outdoor learning, whatever the weather, so can you please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary, or indeed suncream and a hat.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- Italy class Assembly – Monday 11th November 1:45pm, all welcome
- Family Tea Party – Wednesday 27th November, details to follow
- Family Homework - Wednesday 4th December - 9:15am onwards
- Parents evening – Wednesday 5th December, details to follow
- INSET Day - Friday 6th December - school closed to all pupils
- Family Workshop – Thursday 12th December, details to follow
- Christmas Shows – Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18th December 2019, details to follow
- Headteacher’s Awards – Friday 20th December, invitation only
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Italy Class if you wish to speak to us.