- Natasha Whitehouse
- Rebecca Blackham (Mon - Wed)
- Marie Fay (Wed - Fri)
India class is a phase 2 class. . .
Our topic this half term is ‘Our Town,’ we will be learning:
- English: we will be primarily looking at ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’, looking at the anticipation of the text, its repeated refrains and key noun and adjective combinations
- Maths: We will be focusing on shape initially, looking at shapes in the environment, the differences between shapes and their properties. We will then focus on number; recognising and ordering numerals in a range of contexts.
- Science: we will be looking at animals and different habitats
- P.E. will now take place on Tuesday afternoons, with combined P.E. sessions with another class. We will also do small P.E. and sensory activities each day.
- Geography: we will be looking at towns and cities, such as Derby and contrast it cities abroad
- PSHE: we will be looking at what makes us happy and how to be good friends
As a school and a class, we are committed to delivering learning in different environments; both inside and outside. So far this year this has been fantastic and we want to continue this into the warmer months. It would be useful for children to still bring coats and wellies if possible. As we want to make sure they’re prepared for the elements! This half term we will be doing some dedicated outdoor learning sessions on a Friday morning. As the weather is getting colder, coats and wellies are very useful!
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this term include:
Divali day: 24.10.19
Reading week dress up day: 25.10.19 (THEME: Alice and wonderland)
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from India Class if you wish to speak to us.