Harry Potter Class
- Charlotte McIlvenna
- Lauren Capewell (Mon - Wed)
- Rebekah Preston (Wed - Fri)
Harry Potter Class is a lively and exciting place to be. We are always excited to learn and ask questions, we love to laugh and play together, we are all great friends. We are happiest being active and independent in our learning and always work hard with Lisa our teacher and Marie, Charlotte and Rebekah our teaching assistants.
Welcome back everyone! We hope you had an incredible Summer and we are excited for the year ahead of us. Our topic this half term is “All Aboard", this term we will be learning:
- English: We will be learning new sounds and using our knowledge of sounds in order to blend to read and segment to spell! We will also be focusing on improving our comprehension and vocabulary using a range of texts.
- Maths: Pupils will be deepening their knowledge & understanding of number and counting in multiples. WE will be exploring time and length as well as investigating 2d and 3d shapes.
- Science: We will be learning about forces and investigating the effect they have on the world around us.
- P.E.: Is now taking place on Wednesday afternoon, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers and pumps or trainers. We will be exploring the techniques and skills involved in tag rugby
- Geography: The children will be learning about man made and natural geographical features and developing their knowledge about the world around them – looking at countries, rivers and oceans etc.
- Design & Technology: Our focus in D&T is to explore materials and research transport that is available now and investigate what we could do to make it better.
Please send in a spare set of clothes which we can keep for this purpose as the children may get very wet and muddy. As we intend on continuing outdoor learning throughout all weather conditions, please be mindful of the weather and dress children appropriately.
All classes use the forest school site as an extension of our classroom to help enhance positive learning experiences. Harry Potter class also have PE on Wednesday afternoons, please ensure that children come into school in their PE kits!
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
We always participate in outdoor learning, whatever the weather, so can you please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary, or indeed sun-cream and a hat.
Dates for your diary:
Upcoming events this half term include:
15th October: Harvest assembly (more information to follow on class dojo).
22nd October: Headteacher’s assembly (more information to follow on class dojo).
22nd October: Last day of term.
We will communicate other key themed days/ events alongside family homework on class dojo.
Home / School Communication
CLASS DOJO Lisa, Charlotte, Marie and Rebekah will be posting regular updates in terms of activities in class, along with updates on children’s learning experiences! If you require a new sign-up sheet, please let a member of the class team know!
HOW YOU CAN SUPPORT LEARNING AT HOME - Please see this terms Family Homework sheet and class dojo for specific topic related homework.
As part of our Covid-secure procedures, we are unable to issue home-school diaries this year. Government guidance say's that schools must quarantine any books that come into school from home for up to 72 hours. All home-school communication will therefore need to move over to Class Dojo. You should expect to receive home-school communication from your child's class team approximately three times per week. This will provide a fine balance between staff workload and their well-being whilst ensuring you are kept regularly up-to-date on your child's experience in school. We must however politely remind parents/carers that staff will not be expected to read and/or respond to any Class Dojo messages in the evenings, at weekends or during the school holidays.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - your child's class team will be in touch if you have not yet logged in.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to between 8:15 - 8:40 am or 3:00 - 3:30 pm, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from the class if you wish to speak to us.