Our topic this half term is:
· Make a road map together on the floor. Use different objects for houses, the park etc. Drive a car around talking about what you see on the way. This also helps with motor skills and tracking for writing.
· Look at non-fiction books about humans and animals. If you have a pet can they recognise them in the book?
Mark making by painting with different parts of the body; hands, feet, fingers.
· Create a self-portrait either using craft objects or using healthy food. Set up one side of the face and see if they can match it on the other side. Can they count how many eyes, ears etc? Do they recognise that it is the same?
· Use magazines with pictures of people and objects. Cut out the pictures and use them to compare sizes and differences. You could use pictures of the family over the last few years. Who is bigger? Smaller?
· When listening to music, experiment with using your bodies as an instrument. What different sounds can you make?
· Using our senses; during a cooking session use the symbols to encourage your child to be aware of their sense of smell, touch, hearing, sight and taste. See over for a Funny Bones recipe.
· Look in the mirror together. Encourage your child to touch the different parts of their face, modelling the language. Talk about differences and similarities.
· Encourage your child to use the signs- Toilet, Help, Yes, No
· Encourage your child to say/sign ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ to guests and family members.
· We will be focusing on giving the children a choice of two options; this can be reinforced at home, ensuring that you give the child the choice they choose to help them learn to really choose what they want.
Please record any homework activities you undertake in the homework book you have received from class alternatively you can email any pictures to email@example.com In the Subject box mark them for the attention of your child’s class e.g. For the Attention of France Class and we will print them and pop them in the book.