- Diane Overton
- Bethany Chambers
Welcome to our first term of the year! Tom, Beth and Diane are really looking forward to all of the fun and exciting activities we have planned with Brazil this year! We are sure it will be a fantastic year!
Our topic this half term is ‘Celebrations’ and ‘Children’s Choice’ (where children choose what they would like to learn about!), this term we will be learning:
- English: we will be looking at fiction texts relating to a range of different celebrations, including Christmas, Bonfire Night, Diwali and the festival of remembrance.
- Maths: in Number we will be looking at addition and subtraction through counting on and counting back. In geometry we will be looking at position and direction, as well as using grids to use positional language.
- Science: we will be looking at magnets and electricity this term!
- P.E.: will continue to take place on Wednesday afternoons, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers and pumps or trainers. We will be doing team games, gymnastics and yoga this term.
- R.E.: We will be looking at different religions places of worship. Children in need will also be taking place this term; so we will be looking at how to be a positive role model.
- Across the subjects of Art, Music and History we will we be looking and creating exciting pieces of art and music relating to different celebrations. We will be learning about the rich history of these celebrations and cannot wait to investigate how they have changed overtime.
Brazil class will continue Swimming on Thursday7th November, please ensure that children bring a swimming kit in on Thursdays! Brazil class also have PE on Wednesday afternoons, please ensure that children bring in PE kits!
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to continue cooking and provide daily snack.
We are aiming to enrich the curriculum through a variety of trips and will give you notice of these in advance.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this term for your diary:
- Swimming Continues- Thursday 7th November 2019
- Remembrance Theme Day– Friday 8th November 2019
- Anti-Bullying Week Starts- Monday 11th November 2019
- Odd Socks Day/ Children in Need- Tuesday12th November/ Friday 15th November 2019
- Tea Party- Wednesday 27th November 2019
- Parents Evening- Wednesday 4th December 2019
- Inset Day- Friday 6th December 2019
- Christmas Show- Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th December 2019
- Christmas Party- Thursday 19th December 2019
- Last Day of Term- Friday 20h December 2019
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Brazil Class if you wish to speak to us.