(Mon - Tues)
(Wed - Fri)
- Janet Sutton
- Vanessa Higginbottom
- Nicol Hutley
- Robert Moore
We hope you have all had a lovely Autumn break and are ready for the run up to Christmas!
We have two Teachers in Sweden Class this year, Naomi is teaching Monday, Tuesday, and Kelly is teaching Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
The Teaching Assistants are Rob, Janet and Nicol
Our topic this term is ‘Sleeping Beauty and Fantasy Worlds’
• This term we will be focusing on the sensory story ‘Into the Castle’ for our English and Maths lessons and for lots of our topic work. This will include; making castles with boxes, bricks and 3D shapes, exploring moats and drawbridges, exploring the materials found in a castle, dungeons and monsters. There will be lots of fun role –play and dressing up for this topic.
• We will be learning about ‘old’ and ‘new’ artefacts and buildings in topic lessons. As well as singing the song ‘There was a princess long ago’ and making crowns, dressing up clothes and jewellery.
• We will be learning about different instruments in music.
• In Science we will be learning about the natural world and forces, including making a forest, building sandcastles, moats, floating and sinking, wet and dry, making a wishing well.
• We hope to get out and about this term visiting some ‘old’ and ‘new’ buildings, including Elvaston Castle.
PE will be on a Wednesday, please send in a PE kit for your child. • On the 21st of January we will be starting outdoor learning. • Social money for snack and trips is a £6 donation each half term. • Please send in a spare set of clothes and some wellies for wet weather. • If you require any further symbols or support at home please let us know.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Sweden Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- SEND Plan Do Review Meetings -