(Mon - Tues)
(Wed - Fri)
- Janet Sutton
- Vanessa Higginbottom
- Nicol Hutley
- Robert Moore
We hope you have all had a lovely Autumn break and are ready for the run up to Christmas!
We have two Teachers in Sweden Class this year, Naomi is teaching Monday, Tuesday, and Kelly is teaching Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.
The Teaching Assistants are Rob, Janet and Nicol
Our topic this term is ‘Light and Dark & Celebrations’
- In maths we will be learning about prepositions (on, in, under, over etc) and physical addition in maths. There will be lots of opportunity to hide and find and count and add.
- We will explore a range of tastes, textures, and smells in cookery.
- We will be investigating a lot of differences in Science! Light and dark, pushing and pulling wet/dry, cold/hot, solids and liquids and ice and the process of melting. We will also plan experiments involving ‘fizzing’ which will link to our ‘Firework’ theme and our English sound words.
- During English the children will sing around the pretend camp fire and play and learn in the dark tent with torches and luminous materials. We will learn to move like a firework. Key words and signs to learn will be Fizz, Pop, Bang, Crackle, Spin.
- In R.E, Art and PSHE will learn about festivals and take part in celebrations for Remembrance, Diwali and Christmas where we will learn party games, make cards and special foods. We hope to visit IKEA to buy Christmas decorations and to sample traditional Swedish foods! And Derby Cathedral to learn about the Christmas Story.
- PE will be on a Wednesday, please send in a PE kit for your child.
- Horse Riding will continue on Thursday mornings. Wellies are required.
- Social money for snack and trips is a £6 donation each half term.
- Please send in a spare set of clothes and some wellies for wet weather.
- Lots of you have requested some symbol support, packs are being made up to send out shortly.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Sweden Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- SEND Plan Do Review Meetings -