(Mon - Wed)
(Thurs - Fri)
- Sandra Knowlson
- Donna Booker
- Charlotte McIlvenna (Mon - Wed)
- Rebekah Preston (Wed - Fri)
Welcome back! We hope you have all had a good break and we would like to wish you Happy New Year!. We have two Teachers in Italy Class this year, Sue is teaching Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Emily is teaching Thursday and Friday. The Teaching Assistants are Donna, Sandra, Charlotte and Rebekah.
Our topic this term is ‘Snow White’
* We will be learning about our new class, staff, friends and routines.
* During English lessons the children will enjoy a range of sensory stories. We will be reading the story ‘Snow White.’ We will use a range of sensory activities to encourage mark making, communication and writing. We will be working on writing initial letters relating to our name.
* In our Maths sessions we will focus on number, 1 more, lots, big and small, days of the week and different sizes.
* In P.E on Wednesdays we will be focusing on ball skills, rolling, throwing and catching.
* In Science we will be exploring colour mixing, using mirrors to look at and name our features. We will also be looking at different animals, including pets
* We will be creating our own castles and houses using junk modelling
Included within the above.
Please could you ensure your child has a waterproof coat as we do a lot of learning outside the classroom.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
Week commencing 28th January – SEND plan, do, reviews
* Monday 5th February – Italy Class Assembly – Chinese New Year
* Friday 15th February – last day of term
* Monday 25th February – INSET Day school closed to pupils
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Italy Class if you wish to speak to us.