(Mon - Wed)
(Thurs - Fri)
- Sandra Knowlson
- Donna Booker
- Charlotte McIlvenna (Mon - Wed)
- Rebekah Preston (Wed - Fri)
We would like to welcome you back to school and give a warm welcome to our new parents. We hope you have all had a lovely summer and are ready to start the new academic year. We have two Teachers in Italy Class this year, Sue is teaching Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Emily is teaching Thursday and Friday. The Teaching Assistants are Donna, Sandra, Charlotte and Rebekah.
Our topic this term is ‘Me, My School and My Town’
* We will be learning about our new class, staff, friends and routines.
* During English lessons the children will enjoy a range of sensory stories. We will use a range of sensory activities to encourage writing and mark making. This will involve the use of messy materials including foam, flour, water, gel etc.
* In our Maths sessions we will focus on number and colour recognition, number rhymes and songs, shapes and measuring through our cooking activities in the learning kitchen.
* We will explore journeys and take a “journey” to find out about Italy, our school and the local environment – including trips to Derby City Centre
* In P.E we will explore journeys and find and follow routes and pathways using different ways of travelling.
* In Science we will be exploring our 5 senses, including food tasting. We will look at pushes and pulls as part of our journey activities.
* We will be building and constructing junk model transport.
Included within the above.
- Awaiting content. . .
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- SEND Plan Do Review Meetings -
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Italy Class if you wish to speak to us.