- Rob Moore
- Sheli Kear
- Rebecca Blackham (Mon - Wed)
- Yasmin Karim (Thurs - Fri)
Firstly we would like to wish Gemma Sharpe (Teaching Assistant) lots of good luck in her new post at Brookfield Primary School. We would also like to welcome Rob Moore and Sheli Kear (Teaching Assistants) to the team in Ireland Class.
Our topic this half term is ‘Our Extreme World,’ we will be learning:
- English: we will be reading information about snow, sun, rain and wind as well as examining the impact these can have on things like drought, flood, building damage, avalanches and fires.
- Maths: in Number we will be looking at early multiplication and division through repeated addition and sharing, in shape space and measure we will be learning about capacity, weight and volume.
- Science: will be closely linked to English looking at the natural world, cycles of the seasons, weather typical to the seasons and animals who live in different climates.
- P.E.: P.E. will take place on Wednesday afternoons, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers, pumps or trainers. This half-term will be continuing to develop ball skills such as rolling, throwing and striking.
- Across the subjects of D&T, Geography, Music, R.E. and P.H.S.E. we will make soundscapes for storms, make our own musical instruments, look at geographical landscapes and explore the sensory aspects of different weather types.
As summer is approaching and the weather is beginning to improve please ensure you provide a cap and sunscreen for your child. They will have regular access to water or squash in class but you are welcome to send a water bottle if you wish.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Ireland Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- SEND Plan Do Review Meeting - Tuesday 30th April 2019 - details in a letter
- May Day Bank Holiday - Monday 6th May 2019 - school closed
- Family Workshop - Monday 13th May 2019 - 9:30am
- Family Homework - Monday 20th May 2019 - 9:15am
- Headteacher’s Awards - Friday 24th May 2019 - invitation only