- James Sutton
- Rebecca Blackham (Mon - Wed)
- Yasmin Karim (Thurs - Fri)
Welcome to the final half term of 2018, our topic this half term is ‘Celebrations,’ we will be learning:
- English: we will be looking at non-fiction texts relating to a range of different celebrations, including Christmas, Diwali, Halloween and the festival of Remembrance. We will complete written projects relating to these celebrations including recounting key stories and making cards.
- Maths: in Number we will be singing and signing number rhymes and as well as lots of ‘real life’ counting such as classmates, adults, toys etc. In shape space & measure we will be exploring properties of 2d shapes.
- Science: in science we will be learning about light and dark, where does light come from, how is the room different with different lights.
- P.E.: P.E. will take place on Wednesday afternoons, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers, pumps or trainers. This term will be gymnastics skills such as balancing, jumping and rolling.
- Across the subjects of D&T, History, Music, R.E. and P.H.S.E. we will we be making craft projects relating to celebrations, recounting religious stories, listening to and exploring a range of music from across cultures. We will also be celebrating what makes a good friend as part of anti-bullying week.
- Please provide your child with a pair of wellies to keep in school as they have access to the field at playtimes all year round.
Ireland class will access Learning Beyond the Classroom Sessions each Monday afternoon at 1:30 pm commencing on Monday 22nd October to Monday 27th November. Please ensure your child has a suitable coat for these sessions.
Forest Schools will commence on Tuesday 4th December and continue every Tuesday afternoon until Tuesday 15th January.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Ireland Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term include:
- 60th Celebration Tea Party - Wednesday 28th November
- Parent’s Evening - Monday 3rd December (Ireland Class only)
- Family Homework - Monday 10th December 2018 -9:15 am onwards
- Christmas shows - Tuesday 18th & Wednesday 19th December
- Headteacher’s Awards - Friday 21st December - invitation only