- Sheli Kear
- Tina Carr
- Yasin Karim (Mon)
- Andy Buckley (Tues)
- Marie Fay (Wed - Fri)
India class is a phase 2 class consisting of 8 girls and 2 boys. Our teacher is Ben Langthorne who will be supported by Tina Carr, Sheli Kear, Yasmin Karim (Mon), Andy Buckley (Tues) and Marie Fay (Wed, Thurs, Fri). We will mainly be learning through practical sessions where children will be prompted to engage in a variety of sensory and skill based activities.
Our topic this half term is ‘Let’s get physical’ we will be learning:
* English: we will primarily be looking at ‘Funny Bones’ and ‘The Gingerbread Man’; focusing primarily on being active and understanding and acting out different verbs
* Maths: We will be focusing on number and place value, statistics and capacity and weight.
* Science: we will be looking at the human body, a simple life cycle and the effect of exercise on the body
* P.E.: P.E. will now take place on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers, pumps or trainers.
* Art: we will be looking at creating a range of portraits in different mediums, of ourselves and of others
* PSHE: we will be looking at different emotions and feelings
As a school and a class, we are committed to delivering learning in different environments; both inside and outside. So far this year this has been fantastic and we want to continue this into the warmer months. It would be useful for children to still bring coats and wellies if possible. As we want to make sure they’re prepared for the elements! This half term we will be doing some dedicated outdoor learning sessions on a Friday morning. As the weather is getting colder, coats and wellies are very useful!
- This year we will be participating in various enrichment activities such as forest schools and learning beyond the classroom. Please see here to await further details.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term for your diary:
* World Book Day– Thursday 7th March 2019
* Comic Relief/ World Water Day and BRAZIL CLASS ASSEMBLY- Friday 15th March 2019- more details tofollow
* Tea Party – Wednesday 20th March 2019- more details to follow
* Family Workshop- Friday 29th March- 2.00pm
* Family Homework- Monday 8th April- 9.15 am
* Easter Assembly- Monday 8th April- 1.30pm
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from India Class if you wish to speak to us.