- Sheli Kear
- Tina Carr
- Yasin Karim (Mon)
- Andy Buckley (Tues)
- Marie Fay (Wed - Fri)
India class is a phase 2 class consisting of 8 girls and 2 boys. Our teacher is Ben Langthorne who will be supported by Tina Carr, Sheli Kear, Yasmin Karim (Mon), Andy Buckley (Tues) and Marie Fay (Wed, Thurs, Fri). We will mainly be learning through practical sessions where children will be prompted to engage in a variety of sensory and skill based activities.
Our topic this half term is ‘Space and celebrations’ we will be learning:
- English: we will be primarily looking at ‘Star Seeker’, ‘A Way Back Home’
- Maths: We will be focusing on direction and orientation initially, looking at objects in the environment and programming objects to move in different paths. We will then focus on number; recognising and ordering numerals in a range of contexts.
- Science: we will be looking at different planets and their properties.
- P.E.: P.E. will now take place on Monday mornings and Thursday afternoons, please ensure your child has a suitable P.E. Kit consisting of a t-shirt, shorts or joggers, pumps or trainers.
- Art: We will focus on painting to music, looking at Holst’s planets
- PSHE: we will be looking at what makes us happy and how to be good friends
As a school and a class, we are committed to delivering learning in different environments; both inside and outside. So far this year this has been fantastic and we want to continue this into the warmer months. It would be useful for children to still bring coats and wellies if possible. As we want to make sure they’re prepared for the elements! This half term we will be doing some dedicated outdoor learning sessions on a Friday morning. As the weather is getting colder, coats and wellies are very useful!
- This year we will be participating in various enrichment activities such as forest schools and learning beyond the classroom. Please see here to await further details.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As winter is now approaching please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term for your diary:
- Wednesday 7th November - Diwali World Enrichment Day
- Friday 9th November – Remembrance Day
- Friday 16th November – Children in Need Day
- Friday 23rd November – Road Safety Day
- Wednesday 28th November – Family Tea Party
- Wednesday 5th December – Parent’s Evening
- Friday 7th December – Inset Day
- Tues/Wed 18th/19th December Xmas Show
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from India Class if you wish to speak to us.