Our topic this half term is:
Where in the World are we?
Take photos of a day out in Derby; see if the children can answer simple questions about the day by pointing to the photos.
· Look at a book together and see if the children can identify different aspects of a community e.g. houses, shops, parks.
· Encourage the children to help lay the table and pour drinks for everyone. Ask them questions such as ‘How many forks do we need?’ Is the cup full or empty? Has everybody got one? Are there enough?’
· Go on a treasure hunt in the garden or the park; collect items or take photos of items that represent numbers 1-10.
· Build a junk model of your house or a local Derby landmark
· Go on a car/bus/train ride and ‘talk’ about what you can see out of the window.
· Encourage your child to use the signs- MORE and HELP and I WANT……….
Encourage your child to say/sign ‘hello’ and ‘goodbye’ to guests and family members.
Please record any homework activities you undertake in the homework book you have received from class alternatively you can email any pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org In the Subject box mark them for the attention of your child’s class e.g. For the Attention of France Class and we will print them and pop them in the book.