- Jackie Bladon
- Martin Beard
Australia Class is made up of 12 children and 3 Adults, Lisa, Martin and Jackie. We are a Key Stage 2 class which stretches over Year 4, 5 and 6. We are all unique and have our own interests. We enjoy creative activities and we are learning to work together to improve our independence. We love going out into the community, especially going to Forest Schools. We are always working on our communication and love to talk to others about our interests. Our favourite thing of all is to learn with our friends in an exciting and creative way!
Welcome to our second Spring term! We are now officially half way through the school year! It’s gone so fast! We have another busy half term ahead of us! This half term our topic will be “Let’s Get Physical”.
* In English we will be exploring stories along the theme of healthy eating and growing. Such as Supertato” by Sue Hendra and other stories about growing and keeping healthy. We will be writing letters, wanted posters and character descriptions. We will be continuing to focus on reading and phonics and looking closely at how we use these in our work.
* In Maths we will looking closely at place value in number and exploring data for example creating our own bar and tally charts etc. We will also be exploring capacity and weight in shape, space and measure.
* In Science we will continue to focus on scientific enquiry and how to employ this in a range of different investigations related to our topic – we will be focusing on cause and effect and be taking part in investigations that explore how our body works.
* PE is an incredibly important to the well-being of Australia Class as such we have PE on a Monday morning and on Tuesday afternoon. Tuesday afternoon’s session is a joint session with Brazil and China class, children enjoy transitioning to different classrooms exploring different PE experiences – such as PE games, yoga and specific skills.
As a school and a class, we are committed to delivering learning in different environments; both inside and outside. So far this year this has been fantastic and we want to continue this into the warmer months. It would be useful for children to still bring coats and wellies if possible. As we want to make sure they’re prepared for the elements!
We will be regularly visiting Forest Schools on a Tuesday Morning, this half term – Australia class have the opportunity to develop and enhance their outdoor learning skills with our trained practitioners Sam and Anna.
Thursday Morning will be swimming at Queens Street Leisure Centre. Please can you ensure that all children have a swimming costume/trunks, a towel and any other personal items they might need for swimming.
Please send social fund contribution (£6) into school as soon as possible to enable us to cook and provide daily snack.
As it is now winter please send a pair of wellington boots your child can keep at school. As well as a hat and gloves when necessary.
Please could you ensure that your child has the correct PE kit (shorts, t-shirt and pumps), please can you put your child’s name in their clothes.
Home / School Communication
Home School Diaries
Your child has a home school diary for communication. You can expect a message from school at least 3 times a week, you are welcome to write to us as often as you chose. Messages from school will focus on academic work but if there is something specific you would like us to comment on, such as food eaten, please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate this.
Thank you to those parents who have already signed up for this - we hope you are enjoying the insights into your child’s time at school. You can expect at least 1 photograph a week of your child in class as well as them receiving ‘Dojo Points’ daily. I will resend login details for those still wishing to sign up.
There is normally member of the class team available to speak to throughout the day, please phone the school office and ask for a member of staff from Australia Class if you wish to speak to us.
Dates for your diary
Upcoming events this half term for your diary:
* World Book Day– Thursday 7th March 2019
* Comic Relief/ World Water Day and BRAZIL CLASS ASSEMBLY- Friday 15th March 2019- more details to follow
* Tea Party – Wednesday 20th March 2019- more details to follow
* Family Workshop- Friday 29th March- 2.00pm
* Family Homework- Monday 8th April- 9.15 am
* Easter Assembly- Monday 8th April- 1.30pm