Our Mobile App for Apple and Android has arrived! To download it NOW please go to the 'Parents & Carers' tab on the menu then to the Mobile App page.
The app will be liked to the diary and provide notifications of events, trips and special occasions in school.
Posted: 12/09/16 @ 11am
Unison have informed Derby City Council that they intend to take further industrial action in the form of strikes over continued disputes relating to school support staff pay and conditions. The strikes are planned for full days on the following dates:
- Wednesday 14th September 2016
- Monday 19th September 2016
- Tuesday 27th September 2016
- Thursday 6th October 2016
However, I have made a decision to keep the school open to all pupils but I need to make parents/carers aware of the following options available on these dates:
- Option 1 - Send your child in to school as usual. Please be aware that due to some staff being on strike, more formal teaching and learning sessions will be cancelled. We can only offer a supervisory/activity type of provision. Lunch time food will also consist of a cold meal i.e. packed lunches.
- Option 2 - You can decide to keep your child at home on the above dates and this will be classed as an authorised absence, as I consider this to be an ‘exceptional circumstance’. If you choose this option it is important that you telephone the school office ASAP to make them aware of your decision. If you do not telephone the school office then this may be recorded as an unauthorised absence.
I am conscious that we have only just returned back from the six weeks summer holidays, so the leadership team are working tirelessly behind the scenes to keep the school open as best as possible. I can only apologise for any short term inconvenience that this may cause families, but unfortunately this matter is out of the schools control.
Should any of the above change then I will notify you as soon as possible. Our school website will also keep you informed on matters too, so please check this regularly. www.stgiles.derby.sch.uk
I would like to thank you for your continued support and co-operation during this time. Kind regards,